What is the Philip Project?
The Philip Project is a ministry of Friends International.
Our aim is to raise faithful Bible teachers among:
- international students
- short-term international professionals
- international church volunteers.
In summary this means that we seek for our students to be:
- Faithful to God (showing integrity in their lives)
- Faithful to Scripture (teaching the Bible in a way that makes the intended meaning clear)
- Faithful to their hearers (communicating clearly and relevantly to the hearers’ situation)
We aim to achieve this through discipling, mentoring and training in Bible handling skills that respect biblical and cultural contexts (so that the students can serve the church when they return home).
The course is designed to be covered in one year but we encourage students to study with us for two years if possible.